We would like to share our school development priorities for this academic year. You will be aware that the school was last inspected by Ofsted in November 2017 and that we were judged to be ‘Good’ across all areas. Since then, we have been working very hard to improve standards in the areas identified, in line with the new Ofsted inspection framework:
‘Increase the rates of progress of all pupils, especially the most able, by ensuring that:
Our priorities for this year are:
1. Following the COVID-19 crisis, to ensure that our curriculum is adapted so that gaps in learning are addressed swiftly and further strengthens the use of google classroom (remote learning).
2. To continue our work to improve the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both children and adults, particularly in light of COVID-19.
3. To develop and grow our 30 hour funded place offer in the nursery with a view to increasing pupil numbers and raising our profile as the school of choice in our local community.
4. To develop use of The Ark building to complement our focus on the expressive arts, support our local community and generate income for the school.
5. To continue our work to improve standards in reading, specifically by introducing whole class guided reading and by improving the diversity and quality of books available for children to enjoy.
6. To review and update systems of retrieval practice within our teaching to ensure children are able to retain information and develop their long term memory (use of knowledge organisers, mind maps, challenge grids, vocab charts, quizzes etc.)
7. To continue our work to ensure all children receive a wide range of learning opportunities in the Expressive Arts, including our application to achieve the Arts Mark, development of our dance curriculum and the introduction of Philosophy for Children.
8. Attendance: We continue our drive to improve attendance rates for children across all phases of the school, including those in the EYFS or those who have SEND, through a wide range of established strategies.